The peace academy is a therapeutic support group programme for adults that want to find emotional peace and wellbeing. To find peace in our lives when we are going through a crisis or experiencing forced change in our daily relationships, it is important to focus on the things we can change and find the right strategy for doing so. As we use this therapeutic time and space to pause, reflect and meditate on the opportunities that lie ahead, we must fully embrace the acronym of P.E.A.C.E - Purpose, Empowerment, Action, Care, and Emotional Energy to effectively deal with change.
The PEACE Academy is aimed at developing emotional literacy and building resilience. We focus on the key areas of understanding, regulating and expressing emotions through self awareness, developing empathy, building social skills, motivation and enhancing relationships. Emotional literacy is essential for health and wellbeing and can be learned through talking with trained proffessionals, reading and listening to examples and experiening discussion of topics in a safe group environment.
Face-to-face & Online Group Code of Conduct
Onine Participants will be expected to:
- have access to zoom via a smart telephone or computer
- be in a safe space in their home or another venue to participate in a confidential way
- join in the discussion and treat each other with respect
- respect each other’s opinions even if they are different
- abide by the rules of confidentiality and not share any personal details to anyone outside of the group
Online abuse or discrimination will not be tolerated and participants may be asked to leave by the facilitator if this occurs.
Support will be available from a team member if participants are struggling with a particular aspect of the group topic.
Face-toface participants will be expected to:
- Participate in group discussions in a respectful way
- keep all information shared within the group confidential and not share any personal information with anyone outside the group
- respect each others opinions, even if they are different
- Arrive on time and attend all sessions
The aims and objectives of the group sessions
- Introduction to mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Developing core skills for managing emotional health & wellbeing
- Empowerment through building self-esteem & confidence and resilience
- Positive affirmations
- Diversity & decision-making
- Develop healthy coping skills for anger, anxiety & depression and managing stress
- Identify helpful self-care strategies
- emotional literacy & management